Okko, online cinema
The Okko multimedia service is one of the largest Russian VoD (video on-demand) services, a leader in terms of payment-based monetization model. The project started in 2011, and today it is present on all key platforms: Smart TV, mobile (iOS and Android), Apple TV, PlayStation 4, web (PC).
Business line within the ecosystem
Media and entertainment
Year of foundation
Year of joining the ecosystem
Sber’s stake in the holding
monthly active users
movies and other content units contained in the service’s library
Synergies within Sber ecosystem
Joint projects in the distribution and marketing fields:
- Distribution via Sber channels (Sber Online, branches, ATMs)
- cial Offers for Sber employees
- Participation in the Bank’s events, including the ‘Green Day’, the largest-scale annual special project.
- Direct marketing targeting the Bank customers: SMS, push messages, email broadcasting.
- Projects carried out jointly with other ecosystem companies: Delivery Club, Citymobil
- Integration into the ecosystem of Sber’s digital products on an exclusive basis.
- Generating dedicated mobile content for Sber Online users.
- Enhancement of recommendation machine learning algorithms using Sber’s data.
- Using SberCloud capacities for efficient scaling.
- Further integration with Spasibo from Sber loyalty program.
Development plans for 2021-2023
Content: partner with leading local and international content providers, expand the alternative content offering, co-produce movies, TV shows and theatre projects.
02Distribution and marketing: keep the leadership on the Smart TV platform, gain top positions on other platforms, invest in the brand, joint marketing with Sber and new partnerships with telecom and retail companies.
Product improvements: seamless user experience on various devices, full support of 4k streaming on all platforms, leadership in consumer satisfaction and NPS index.
Recommendation system: enhance the recommendation technology, 80% views initiated by recommendations, estimated recommendation accuracy exceeds 75%.
Cloud-based technologies: migration to cloud platform with automatic scaling.